Community Development Practice, an on-line peer reviewed publication of the Community Development Society (CDS) is looking for reviewers.
The purpose of Community Development Practice is to describe and promote appropriate and useful tools, resources and practice(s) for all aspects of community development. Readers of Community Development Practice publications should be able take lessons from, adapt, and/or use the tools, resources, or practices described.
Reviewers evaluate manuscripts using aset of questions like those below.
- Do the approaches, tools and techniques discussed in this article see to be valuable to achieving outcomes in community development work?
- Does the article present innovative approaches, tools and techniques that can be readily applied by community development practitioners?
- Is the information presented complete? Is it consistent?
- Is the article well-written, clear and logically-sound?
- Does the articel contain any errors (factual or precedural)?
- Do the resources provided follow from the article? Are they sufficient for the application of the information presented in the article? Are there any additional resources that should be included?
The community development has codified a basic set of core values in the CDS Principles of Good Practice. These Principles should also be considered when articles are evaluated by reviewers. They include:
- Promote active and representative participation toward enabling all community members to meaningully influence the decisions that affect their lives.
- Engage community menbers in learning about and understanding community issues, and the economic, social, environmental, political, pyschological, and other impacts associated with alternative courses of action.
- Incorprate the diverse interests and cultures of the community in the community development process; and disengage from support of any effort that is likely to adversely affect the disadvantaged members of a community.
- Work actively to enhance the leadership capacity of community members, leaders, and groups within the community.
- Be open to using the full range of action strategeis to work toward the long-term sustainability and well being of the community.