2014 CDS Auction Announcement
Greetings CDS Friends –
Last year we made some exciting changes to the CDS Auction. We’re pleased to announce that this years auction will build upon these changes and will include more ways for our members and friends to be involved. The auction will be held at the end of the Annual Conference in Dubuque this July. We encourage you to consider supporting the auction in some way and ask you to share these opportunities with your colleagues.
Here are a few highlights for this year’s auction:
- We’re continuing the online component. Select auction items will be placed on the CDS blog early in July and will be made available for remote bidding through the conclusion of the silent and live auction. You’ll receive information about this by email.
- You’ll be able to participate, even if you can’t join us in Dubuque this year. We welcome donations of auction items and encourage you to participate in the online auction. You’ll be paired with a proxy who will monitor and place bids on the items that you select.
- We’ll ship winning items to remote bidders following the conference. Great news! The CDS auction committee is glad to ship auction items to the high remote bidders following the conference.
- Start a bidding war! All funds raised through the auction support the CDS Endowment and make it possible to provide scholarships and other kinds of grants to support the professional development of CDS members.
How Can You Help?
Top Three Reasons to Participate in the CDS Auction
- It helps grow the CDS endowment and create a legacy
- I’m *a little* competitive
- I’m a fashionista. Must. Have. Snail. Tie.
Your donation of a locally made product and participation in the CDS auction is a great way to make a lasting contribution to the CDS Endowment and support the continued professional growth of our members. The CDS Auction Sub-Committee thanks you for your support!
CDS Auction Sub-Committee
Your donation to either CDS Endowment Fund is a direct a contribution to the continued success of the Community Development Society and its mission.
The CDS Board Treasurer manages the CDS Endowment Funds with guidance from the CDS Stewardship Committee.
The CDS Strategic Initiatives Fund was established to enable program revenues and donations to grow through earned interest, while being held in reserve for reinvestment in endeavors that can enhance mission fulfillment.
The Linda Sunde CDS Endowment Fund was established by CDS Members to provide a sustainable source of support to Members and to advance the mission of CDS through scholarships, diversity initiatives, educational materials, conference hosting, and other activities. Interest growth in the Fund is distributed according to the purpose of each named fund:
- Ted Bradshaw Student Research Award Fund: Supports undergraduate and/or graduate students who wish to present research at the CDS annual conference or conduct community-based research projects.
- George Nickolaus CD Graduate Student Award Fund: Supports students enrolled in graduate programs emphasizing community development at accredited universities in the United States.
- Nette Nelson Travel Scholarship Fund: Supports CDS members who wish to present a paper or workshop or give a major address to a community development conference outside of the recipients’ home continent.
- CDS Conference Scholarship Fund: Supports scholarships for student and non-student CDS members to attend the CDS annual conference.
- Diversity Fund: Supports initiatives that increase awareness of social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion issues within the community development profession and that foster diverse cultural perspectives in CDS and the community development process.
- Annual International Conference Fund: Supports CDS annual conference activities (e.g., plenary speakers and defraying conference costs for local grassroots leaders and volunteers).
- Educational Materials Fund: Supports the production of educational materials to advance the mission of the CDS (e.g., electronic documents, monographs, books, videos).
- Unrestricted Fund: Supports other activities that advance the mission of the CDS.