Greetings CDS Friends –
Last year we made some exciting changes to the CDS Auction. We’re pleased to announce that this years auction will build upon these changes and will include more ways for our members and friends to be involved. The auction will be held at the end of the Annual Conference in Dubuque this July. We encourage you to consider supporting the auction in some way and ask you to share these opportunities with your colleagues.
Here are a few highlights for this year’s auction:
- We’re continuing the online component. Select auction items will be placed on the CDS blog early in July and will be made available for remote bidding through the conclusion of the silent and live auction. You’ll receive information about this by email.
- You’ll be able to participate, even if you can’t join us in Dubuque this year. We welcome donations of auction items and encourage you to participate in the online auction. You’ll be paired with a proxy who will monitor and place bids on the items that you select.
- We’ll ship winning items to remote bidders following the conference. Great news! The CDS auction committee is glad to ship auction items to the high remote bidders following the conference.
- Start a bidding war! All funds raised through the auction support the CDS Endowment and make it possible to provide scholarships and other kinds of grants to support the professional development of CDS members.
How Can You Help?
Top Three Reasons to Participate in the CDS Auction
- It helps grow the CDS endowment and create a legacy
- I’m *a little* competitive
- I’m a fashionista. Must. Have. Snail. Tie.
Your donation of a locally made product and participation in the CDS auction is a great way to make a lasting contribution to the CDS Endowment and support the continued professional growth of our members. The CDS Auction Sub-Committee thanks you for your support!
CDS Auction Sub-Committee