The Rural Policy Research Institute established this fund in 2007 to honor the memory of Ted Bradshaw and to provide support for undergraduate or graduate students for two purposes: (1) to support students who wish to participate in the CDS Annual International Conference; and/or, (2) to provide a community-based research scholarship to students.
- Travel support scholarship: To provide travel support for undergraduate or graduate students who wish to participate in the CDS Annual International Conference and who have been accepted to present community-based research at the conference.
- Community-based research scholarship: To provide a research award to students doing or planning to do community-based research.
A scholarship recipient may receive only one scholarship per degree. For example, a student may apply for the grant as an MS/MA student and again as a Ph.D. student/candidate. Two scholarships will be offered in 2019 in the amount of $1,000 each. One for travel support to the 2019 CDS annual conference and another to support community-based research scholarship. Recipients will be recognized at a plenary session of the CDS Annual International Conference. Students who receive the community-based research scholarship are not required to attend the CDS Annual International Conference, but are still encouraged to do so.
Deadline: April 8, 12:00 pm (noon) CDT
Ted Bradshaw Fund to Support Student Engagement in CDS Recipients:
- 2017 Ganga Acharya - Travel Support Scholarship
- 2016 Bidita Jawher Tithi - Travel Support Scholarship
- 2016 Xijia "Annie" Li - Community-Based Research Scholarship