CD Practice is a web-based publication of the Community Development Society. It presents innovative approaches, tools, and techniques that can be readily applied by community development practitioners. Select issues of CD Practice are also published in the Practice Section of the Journal of the Community Development Society.
CD Practice is currently undergoing a major revision. Look for the series to resume in Summer 2016!
- #19 - Conducting Virtual Facilitated Discussions
- #18 - You Get What You Measure: A Process to Determine and Measure Progress in Community Development
- #17 - The Use of Social Networking in Community Development
- #16 - The Waste Solutions Forum: An Innovative and Cooperative Approach to Support the Agriculture Community and Protect Water Quality
- #15 - Options for Farmers, Farmers Markets and Communities: Homebased Fruit and Vegetable Micro Processing
- #14 - Creating Business Networks by Terry Besser, Nancy Miller, Peter Korsching, Bridget Diamond Welch
- #13 - Using Community Capitals to Build Assets for Positive Community Change by Mary Emery, Susan Fey, and Cornelia Flora
- #12- Values, Operational Principles, and Models for Universities to Follow While Implementing Development Programs in Diverse, Rural Communities by Jerry W. Robinson, Jr.
- #11- Entrepreneurial Facilitation: Approaches for Boosting Entrepreneurship in Local Economic Development by Eric A Scorsone and Kathleen Powers
- #10 - The CAFE Approach: New Tools to Foster Citizen Involvement in the Community Development Process in Small Rural Towns by Robert J. Tosterud
- #9 - Strategic Partnering: Partnering for Change - by Connie Coley Loden
- #8 - Capturing the Character of Rural Communities through Tourism Development - by Connie Coley Loden with Ariana Svenson
- #7 - Large Group Interventions for Whole System Participation, Development and Change-by Mary Simon Leuci
- #6 - Building Community and Commitment to the Future: The Search Conference - by Barbara Coe and Elaine Granatta
- #5 - Analyzing Local Markets - by David Darling
- #4 - Force-Field Analysis: Incorporating Critical Thinking in Goal Setting - by Ron Hustedde and Michael Score and Michael Score
- #3 - Taking Action: Community Development Strategies and Tactics - by Bernie Jones
- #2 - Community Development and Business Location Decision Making - by Robert Blair
- #1 - Community Issues Gathering: A Tool for Resolving Controversy - by Ron Hustedde
If you are interested in submitting a manuscript to CD Practice, please contact:
Craig Talmage, CD Practice Editor