July 21-24, 2013 Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Francis Marion Hotel
Join a national conversation between community development professionals and practitioners. Share your thoughts on Community Wealth.
Principles of Good Practice
We believe that adherence to the Community Development Society\'s Principles of Good Practice are essential to sound community development.
- Promote active and representative participation toward enabling all community members to meaningfully influence the decisions that affect their lives.
- Engage community members in learning about and understanding community issues, and the economic, social, environmental, political, psychological, and other impacts associated with alternative courses of action.
- Incorporate the diverse interests and cultures of the community in the community development process; and disengage from support of any effort that is likely to adversely affect the disadvantaged members of a community.
- Work actively to enhance the leadership capacity of community members, leaders, and groups within the community.
- Be open to using the full range of action strategies to work toward the long-term sustainability and well being of the community.